Wrestling, Anime, Manga & Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angry Campbell to take County to a tribunal?

Go down

Angry Campbell to take County to a tribunal? Empty Angry Campbell to take County to a tribunal?

Post by PRASHBK Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Sol Campbell has revealed to ESPN Soccernet that he is now considering taking Notts County to a Football League tribunal to resolve his bitter dispute with the club.

ESPN Soccernet broke the story this week that Campbell called in players' union leader Gordon Taylor because County were refusing to release his registration, and insisting on a gagging order.

County's executive chairman Peter Trembling said that he had drawn up a compromise agreement he hoped Campbell would sign. But Campbell is far from happy with the compromise, and doesn't feel that the matter can be resolved through more talks.

Campbell said: "There are two main sticking points, and I am just fed up with it all. It might be simpler, quicker and cleaner to go to a Football League tribunal next week and sort it all out.

"I need a new club to make an appeal to allow me to play again, and to do that, the club would need to put forward my case in full. That would be compromised as Notts County are insisting on certain restrictions on what I am allowed to say.''

Campbell is training at Arsenal and keen to resume his career immediately, and feels that Notts County are hampering his desire to continue with his football.

"This is nonsense as any new club would be making representation to the Football League in confidence,'' he said. ''So I cannot sign any compromise agreement which might restrict me on this, and affect my case to play again right away.

"Also the club will pay me for all this time they have held onto my registration up until last month, but not for this month, which is a bit rich. While all this drags on I cannot continue my career, and we could be arguing about these two sticking points forever, so it looks as though a tribunal is the way to go."
PRASHBK
PRASHBK
Admin

https://wams.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down