Wrestling, Anime, Manga & Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 reasons why I support Liverpool

Go down

5 reasons why I support Liverpool Empty 5 reasons why I support Liverpool

Post by Veeshesh Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Well since I was a child, I always supported Liverpool. Indeed, I was amazed by this club which in my opinion is different from others. Here are the five reasons why the Reds is my choice.

1. The Anfield atmosphere and the fans
Anfield may not have the capacity of a Nou Camp or Wembley but it is not surprising that the stadium is always packed to capacity. Indeed the fans are always behind their team and what makes it more amazing is the You'll never walk alone song. Undoubtedly there are few stadiums where you'll find such atmosphere prevailing there. The scousers evidently put all their hearts whilst singing this song and this of course gives extra-motivation to the players. They sing this song irrespective of the situation. You'll perhaps remember that they sang it while Liverpool was losing 3-0 to AC Milan. This was incredible as few fans would have similar reactions while being humiliated at that extent. Fortunately, their efforts paid off as it was Liverpool which won this match.

2. The spirits of the Scousers and Istanbul.
What makes Liverpool special is their spirits. Indeed they succeeded in winning matches while they were down on countless occasions. Some examples are when Liverpool were losing 3-0 to Man Utd when Graeme Souness was the manager, Liverpool made it 3-3. Last year they were losing 2-0 to Man City at half-time but at the end it was them who grabbed the three points. They also succeded in beating Man Utd twice after conceeding the first goal last season. But the most famous one is indubitably the Champions League final 2005 when they surprised AC Milan by beating them while they were 3-0 down at half-time. This was of course not an easy task as maradona himself hightlighted that even the Brazilian team of the Pele era would not be able to do such things again a club like Milan.

3. Our history and honours

Liverpool's history is rich as they are the club which has won the most trophy in England. They've got a record of 18 League titles which they share with Man Utd. No other English teams has more league titles than these two. Liverpool have also won seven Fa cup and 7 league cup which is a record. The club has also gone to 7 Champions League Finals during which they won five. Unsurprisingly they are the third club which has won the competition the most. Only Real madrid and AC Milan have more CL trophies than Liverpool FC. They've also won 3 Super Cups, 3 UEFA cups(a record in Europe) and 15 Community shields.

4. The best duo in the world( Gerrard and Torres)

Well since the two started playing, we knew that it would be lethal for defenders. they were already being compared to the Rush-Dalglish partnership in their first season itself. Torres is considered to be once of the best strikers in Europe having been third in the Ballon D'or and FIFA shortlist last year. Being only 25, El Nino has already scored 59 goals in 94 games for Liverpool. His stats at Anfield is simply amazing as he scored 34 goals in 35 matches. Well he scored against mostly all the big teams when at Liverpool. He scored against Inter, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Porto, Man Utd, everton, Man City. Coming to Captain fantastic now, his stats are as incredible as Torres. The liverpool skipper is considered to be the best midfielder in the world and also the most complete player. He can score, make assist, make tackle, defend. Well Zidane and Kaka have already had their words on that saying he's the best. Stevie G has already scored more than 100 goals for the Kop during which he made countless other assists. His efforts paid off as he was named in the last two FIFA Pr0 World XI. He is one of the few players who have scored in both UEFA and Champions League final in the same century. He is also the club's top scorer in Europe.

5. Our European Nights
It seems that Liverpool is the team to be feared in Europe. Since Benitez has been in charged of the club, Liverpool has always been in the last stages of the competition. They've beated big teams whether it was at anfield or outside. They've beaten AC Milan, Chelsea and Juventus in 2005 and won away from home against Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSV, Inter Milan. During the last five years, Liverpool has played 3 semi-finals, all against Chelsea among which they won twice and played the final, both being versus AC Milan. Liverpool have some incredible stats in Europe. They played 7 finals and won five. Only AC Miilan and Real Madrid won more than them. They also have the record for scoring the most goals in only one matche when they beat Besiktas 8-0.

YNWA,
by Veeshesh

Veeshesh

Back to top Go down